IP Researcher/Patent Analyst
About Joy Ventures:
Joy Ventures is an investment firm and company builder on a bold mission to power a new generation of neuroscience-backed mental wellbeing products and generate sustainable future-business opportunities in the field. Founded in 2017, the Joy Ventures philosophy is that transformative mental wellbeing companies are born at the intersection of cutting-edge technology, neuroscience and design. We partner with visionary researchers, entrepreneurs, technologists, and product specialists for the long-term, offering funding, expertise, and strategic support across the innovation journey, from scientific research to product ideation, development, and commercialization all the way to business growth.
With 11 portfolio companies, more than 45 multidisciplinary academic projects funded and 100 leading researchers supported, we are proudly ushering in a new era of evidence-based mental wellbeing products that will bring lasting joy to people’s lives.
We are seeking an IP researcher/patent analyst to support research, development, and investment activities.
- Advanced degree in biology, engineering, or similar field
- Neuroscience or cognitive science experience an advantage
- Strong research and evaluation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience in patents search and analysis - an advantage
- Carrying out IP and patent research in public and proprietary databases and open-source repositories
- Review and technical analysis of patents in domains related to Joy interests
- Generation of reports describing state of the art, innovation opportunities and projections of future directions
- Herzliya and Remote, Israel
Level of Effort:
- 50-100% time
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com