Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our R&D team in developing the new rising product in the health landscape.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Lumen, you will have an impact on how we architect, build, scale, and maintain our backend systems. You’ll implement product infrastructure and features that drive user adoption and retention, gain domain knowledge and participate in designing and implementing our technological roadmap.
Our ideal candidate has a real passion for making a positive change in the world, for technology and customers, has great communication skills, and loves to constantly improve themselves, our working practices, and our code base.
This is a great opportunity to join the core team of a growing successful startup and work with the most advanced technologies.
- Implement and own infrastructure and features; be involved and impact the entire product lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and production support)
- Collaborate with team members on technological and architectural topics
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges and strive to improve them
- Follow engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, code reviews, etc.) and keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help the team members make sound decisions
- Work with product managers, data scientists, and other team members to understand the desired requirements and provide your feedback to improve the outcome of the feature
What are we looking for
- 8+ years experience in server-side development (Java/Kotlin - advantage)
- Experience with DB design and query optimization
- Solid experience in cloud-native technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Solid experience running workloads on public clouds, such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in creating highly scalable system architecture designs and providing review/feedback on designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven with superior organizational and project management skills
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience - advantage
- Knowledge of nutrition/metabolism/health - advantage
Something looks off?