Senior Android Developer
Zoog is an early-stage, well-funded startup that is creating a content-driven , creative communication platform for families. Powered by the most advanced AR technology in the world, Zoog allows grandparents, parents, or even educators to create beautiful, wholesome and engaging content for the children in their life and start a conversation around it.
We are looking for a person who is a skilled Android engineer, is fun and inspiring to work with, and is passionate about our mission. You’ll be amongst the first employees of the company and there will be lots of opportunities to impact the direction of the product, further develop your own skills and take a leadership position in the company, should you be interested .
You’ll be building the Android app from scratch and bring it to production. This is an opportunity to help build and scale a world-class consumer product that is expected to reach millions of users. You will work with the world’s best AR technology and a great team of smart and passionate people.
- Enjoy the challenge of building and growing a platform
- 3+ years experience in native Android development using Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android Frameworks
- Experience working with local and remote databases
- Excellent written communication skills in English – a must
- Knowledgeable with design patterns and OOP
- Experience writing Unit & UI tests
- Are proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time, and to high quality
- Think strategically, but with a bias towards shipping.
- Communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally, and with external partners.
- Are committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
- Bonus points:
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with Node.js
More About us
Zoog is a TLV-based startup creating a new format of asynchronous video book reading. Founded by two parents who realized during COVID just how frustrating video communication with kids is. We see books as a way to communicate with young children, create a bond with them and be part of their development. We want to give distanced family members the opportunity to be part of that. We looked at what’s out there and learned that simply showing a digital version of a printed book like most online reading apps does not work well on mobile and simply cannot compete with the types of content kids are exposed to these days. We decided to give our beloved kids classics a face lift and make them personal by making the reader the star of the show.
Founders are veterans in the tech world, Matan (CTO) brings years of experience from working in early stage consumer startups, as a first or second employee focused on development and product management of applications that reached millions of users. Matan is also an alumni of the Zell Entrepreneurship program at the IDC. Yoav (CEO) has spent the last 5 years at SimilarWeb, where his last position in the company was COS, where he worked hand in hand with the CEO and the entire leadership team. Prior to that, he ran SW’s China operations. He has lived and worked in China, US, and Israel and holds an MBA from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and a BA from Columbia University.